For the open-minded, non-topical internet user...

Tuesday 25 February 2014

13 Blood-Curdling Stories Only 2 Sentences Long

Do you remember when you were a kid you had to sleep with the lights on, every time you watched a horror flick? Just watching a classic which freezes your blood and makes your imagination burst with crazy ideas. Every dark corner, every little noise is someone trying to murder you. And it's not only the films. An excellently told dark story can make you shriek like a little girl. It can get so deep into your mind, even the warm blanket can't protect you.

I love stories like these. A friend of mine wrote an article about the scariest urban legends. It got kind of viral and had a lot of commotion around it. Which can only mean people love to be scared. Why would you think of frightening tales if there wouldn't be anyone to listen to them?


Just a few days ago I stumbled upon an article about two sentence long stories which can make you shiver. It sounded a little absurd, but gave it a try. To tell you the truth, they were far more nerve-racking than a lot of the camp fire anecdotes  we used to share back in the days.

Here is a list of my top favourite ones:


  1. A knocking on glass woke me up. I first thought it was the window, but then I heard it from the mirror again.
  2. The last thing I saw was the alarm clock which stopped at exactly 12:07 and then she penetrated my chest with her long dark claws, while with the other hand she was muffling my screams. Then I woke up, relieved it was only a dream, but just then I saw the alarm clock showing 12:06 and then heard the closed door to open with a screech. 
  3. The little girl heard her mother screaming downstairs, so she got up and went there. When she reached the stairs her mother grabbed her, took her to the bedroom and said: "Don't go. I heard it, too!" 
  4. Last night my wife woke me up to tell me there was a burglar in the house. She was killed by a burglar two years ago.
  5. I woke up from the sound of the baby monitor on which I could hear someone calming my first-born son down. When I turned around to fall asleep again, I saw my wife lying next to me.
  6. I always thought my cat had a problem with my face, because she was constantly staring at it. One day I realized she was looking right behind me.
  7. There is nothing better than a baby laughing. Unless it's 2 a.m. and you are home alone. 
  8. "I cannot sleep", she whispered and snuggled up in bed next to me. Then I woke up covered in sweat, holding the dress she was buried with.
  9. I was covering my son for goodnight when he asked me: "Dad, check for monsters under the bed." I leaned down to calm him down - he was under the bed, another one like him and whispered: "Dad, there is something in my bed."
  10. I can't move, I can't breathe, I can't speak and everything around me is covered in complete darkness. If I knew it would be so lonesome, I would ask to be cremated.
  11. My daughter can't stop crying and screaming each night. I visited her grave and asked her to stop, but she didn't want to.
  12. There was a picture of me sleeping in my mobile. I live alone.
  13. Working alone during the night shift again. But there is a face staring at the security camera in the basement. 
And here is a bonus: It's been more than week. Still no internet.

Hopefully, you won't be able to sleep as peacefully tonight. Don't get me wrong, but what good is a scary story if it can't make you a little nervous from the dark. 

You can find more like these in Thought Catalog or in /r/nosleep in Reddit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment